Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Thank you so much to the 134 (!!!!!) people who have so far visited this blog. I just wanted to let you all know that November is Diabetes Awareness month. Thousands of efforts across the world are working to make diabetes obsolete - please consider their efforts.
November 14th is World Diabetes day. If you support it, the colour is blue! It is also Dr. Frederick Banting's birthday, which was news that made sense to me. After all, he did discover insulin which, while not providing a cure, lets diabetics live a relatively normal life.
This is also the month when the Lioness Lions bring out the change jars in many communities (you know, the ones that say "Change for diabetes" on them?) - most businesses have a can at the counter. Just a few cents, and who knows, maybe that could be all the difference for a cure.  

Following this is my story, which I wrote last year for school, right after my diagnosis.  Upon request, I posted it, and hope that you will all take the time to enjoy it. It is a completely true story, including my emotions, my confusion, and how my life changed so drastically in such a small amount of time.

Thank you all ever so much.

Don't forget - the prezi presentation is still at the bottom of the page!

No comments:

Post a Comment